Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My First Award~

I had to share with you my exciting news of the day. What a wonderful surprise and honor to get a note from Isabel at Maison Douce, who has been kind enough to award me with the "Proximidade" Award.
This award is written in her native Portuguese language and it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this on-line world.
Here's the definition of the award: "Blogs who receive this award are 'exceedingly charming' say its authors. This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Thank you Isabel!!!
Now I will award this to eight very special bloggers who have inspired me to begin this new chapter in my life.
Theresa at Garden Antqs Vintage
Debbie at Talking Trash
Michelle at Rose Garden Romantic
Yvette at The Charm House
Denise Elizabeth at Hope Tree Studio
Sandra at Romantique Inspirations
Sandra at Canyon Wren Cottage
Joy at Vintage Rabbit
Please pay them a visit and get inspired!
Blessings!
Lisa

9 comments:

. said...

Hi Lisa
Thanks so much you are so kind. Hugs and blessings to you! Denise

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are such a sweetie! This is my second one of this award, I guess I better get busy and nominate others. It's funny because as soon as I rec'd I wanted to nominate you!! Have a great day, T

The Charm House said...

Lisa, oh my goodness... This is my very first award and it is so funny that me and the Lord had a long talk about a week ago about the purpose of me blogging and if I should continue doing it. I very rarely have comments left, but I know that I have a tremendous amount of foot traffic from my feedjit. I have developed some of the most incredible friendships,some I hope to meet here on earth one day, others I know I will meet in Heaven. Anyways the Lord convinced me to have a good blog that I didn't need to have comments and I didn't awards. So... I let it all go and put my whole heart out blogging to glorify HIM not worrying about how many comments I received or the awards and well here comes the LORD through Ms. Lisa telling me, "Good Job faithful Child". Thanks for having a loving, open heart! Thank you so much... God is good, All the Time!

trash talk said...

What fun!!! There is nothing better than getting an award and the first one is the best! Congratulations on a well deserved honor. You're so sweet to pass it on to me. Thank you so much. In reading what all it entails and I'm feeling pretty special that you've included me with a fantastic group of bloggers. This is what makes it a blast. Thanks again. Let me think now, who do I pick? Thanks also for loving my "hunk of junk"! Debbie

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Oh Lisa, I'm really touched by you thinking of me. Just like Garden Antqs Vintage, this is my second one of the same award too. Thank you so much! Your very sweet and kind!!

God Bless You~

Country French Antiques said...

Bonjour Lisa and congrats on your award!
I love the creativity you share on your blog.
I'll start hangin out here for some inspiration.
Merci for sharing your talent and thank you for visitng me!
Have a beautiful day!!

Faded Plains said...

Congratulations on your blog award!I just love the treasures you found...especially the old Bible!

The Rustic Victorian said...

Congratulations!!!

trash talk said...

I had to come back and tell you thank you for the link for the cutest trailer. That chick seems like a doll and so are you. Debbie