Thursday, January 29, 2009

Old Hollywood Glam~

For the past several days my computer has been on the "outs" and is finally working again. Since I was without a computer, I turned on the tube and watched one of my favorite classic movies, Breakfast at Tiffany's starring Audrey Hepburn. She portrays this wacky, carefree soul who can make a potato sack look good.
See what I mean...she looks fabulous!
My yard sale "find" from a few months ago, this Collector's Edition of LIFE magazine featuring Audrey Hepburn.
Born the daughter of a Dutch baroness and a British banker, Edda van Heemstra Hepburn-Ruston made a magical broadway debut in Gigi. At the age of 24, she won an Oscar for her first American movie, Roman Holiday. She went on to star in a number of classic films.

Audrey Hepburn died of cancer at the age of 63.

The glitz and glamour of old Hollywood style and decor are classic just like the films that we love. Stay tuned tomorrow for a continuation of Old Hollywood Style and Decor...

Blessings~ Lisa

6 comments:

trash talk said...

One should always curtsy in the presence of royalty-so I just did behind my computer to the lovely Miss Hepburn. She is my all time favorite actress. Debbie

Mindy said...

From all accounts, a class act on and off screen. Thanks for the memories of growing up watching her movies. ~Mindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks for 50th blog post comment. Sorry to hear about your computer. I hate when that happens and I feel so alone. :-(

I love that movie and old Hollywood glam. I'm actually thinking about doing a blog post on the movie and all the little oddities that's in it...like keeping her slippers in the fridge etc.

Have a great weekend!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I too am a fan of Ms. Audry! Hope you are having a great Friday! It's closing day today, isn't it?

The Rustic Victorian said...

Now I feel like goofing off and watching an old movie. Oh,, she was just so, so beautiful.

Malisa said...

I have a friend who retired years ago as the photography editor for Time/Life. He did some photo shoots with Miss Hepburn! I love to listen to his stories!

Malisa