Saturday, January 31, 2009

My First Swap~

In honor of my 25th post I thought I would write about my first blog swap. This was my very first swap, so I wasn't sure how swaps were to be done.
Heidi of Foxgloves, Fabric and Folly hosted a Very Vintage Valentine Swap. I was partnered with Kimberly of Seashells and Silver. Kimberly is a very sweet and talented young lady and I was very fortunate to have her as my swap partner. Poor Kimberly, little did she know that she would end up with a "rookie" in swapping. But being the sweet girl that Kimberly is, she made me feel good about all of it.

Thank you Kimberly you're too kind!


When I opened the box this is what I found...a box full of individually wrapped presents all pretty in pink and a lovely heart card saying "Open This Last"! Naturally, I wanted to take a peek but I didn't...good thing too I would have ruined the surprises that were waiting for me.
Oh! and what a clever idea to wrap each item separately...who thought of that?

Anyway, it was very exciting to open each box and find a wonderful gift inside just for me!

Thanks Kimberly for adding that special touch!


Well, just look at all the very vintage valentines that I received...

1. a valentine card with cupid (too cute!)
2. a red mercury glass candlestick with candle (romantic!)
3. a red heart picture frame (gorgeous!)
4. a red mercury glass votive holder with candle (lovely!)
5. a "LOVE" banner (Kimberly made this herself~love it!)
6. a red brooch (special!)
7. sweet angel wings (precious!)
8. a heart card with a sweet message from Kimberly and her list of items for me (so thoughtful!)
Everything was more than I had expected.
Wow! I had no idea that swapping would be this much fun!
Thanks again Kimberly and Heidi for making my first swap a memorable one!
"L" is for LOVE
"L" is for LISA
Hugs and Kisses~
Lisa

7 comments:

lorhen82 said...

You're a lucky girl...the gifts are beautiful! ~Lori

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweetie!

First, thank you so much for you sweet and thoughtful comment! I LOVE your blog..especially the banner. Your blog and pics are very creative and inspiring!

And having never been involved in a swap either....your first one was quite the "jackpot"! :) What a blessing to have received all these beautiful treasures...but, I am sure the treasures you sent were just as loving and inspiring!

Have a blessed week and I look forward to visiting you again soon....xo..deb (the junkin' yaya)

Maison Douce said...

Wow, L is for lucky!! I have never been involved in a swap... But it sure does seem like fun!!
Isabel

. said...

Hi I do love swaps. Your gifts are so beautiful. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Blessings, Denise

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment. I've been down most of the day and your words really helped. I hope you had a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Wow, I'm going to have to check this out. It sound like a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind participating in this swap event. I bet you were excited, a lot of nice things. Very Sweet!

Kimberly said...

You are too sweet! I had a lot of fun both giving and receiving for this swap :) May this be the beginning of many swaps for you!

I really like your new blog banner/header.