Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Trip~

First, I'd like to start off by saying if it wasn't for sweet people like Theresa from Garden Antqs, I wouldn't have ventured out this weekend to Austin and Brenham. Thanks again girlie...you're a doll!
My sister, myself and our husbands went to Austin to the City Wide Garage Sale and the Brenham Antiques Show this weekend. Let me tell ya...I have never seen so many tables piled high with tablecloths, quilts, pillowcases, aprons, hankies, vintage clothing, you name it they got it. Once we got done going through all the piles of "goodies" we scanned all the booths then got right down to business and shopped! We came home with quite a load of things that will be for sale in the shop and my booth (will post pics later). Then we headed down the road to Uncommon Objects, this place is "crazy"...I wanted to buy everything that I saw. I did come home with a book that I have had my eye on for quite some time now...
Country Living: A Bit of Velvet & a Dash of Lace
by Robin Brown of Magnolia Pearl...and it was signed too!
What an outstanding lady...you can read about her on her website http://magnoliapearl.com/
We also stopped in at the Austin Antique Mall where I found the most sweetest pair of angel wings, I'll be posting pics of this later...where I'll be using them in a Valentine's vignette in my booth. We then made our way to Brenham to the Antiques Show where I met Linda, from Willow Nest in Burton TX...she is such a sweet and talented lady. Our next stop was at the best antique shop, Leftovers in Brenham. It's a little high end, but so worth the trip to just be able to dream and drool over all the lovelies they have. The set-up is fantastic...it reminded me of the Homestead in Fredericksburg, TX. I didn't buy a thing there, but I did take in all the inspiration I could. Wow, what a trip!!!
Sorry...I didn't take any pics..I'm not the best photographer, plus I need a better camera.
Have a good Monday!
Lisa

5 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Lisa, I have so been waiting on this post! You went to all the best places I could have ever recommended. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Sounds like you girls had a great time! I couldn't go to the city wide garage sale this weekend but I really wanted to! I love Uncommon Objects! When will you show us what you bought? I want to see!!
Michelle

trash talk said...

What a great weekend. I love the hill country and you went to a lot of my favorite places. Isn't Leftovers just to die for? Debbie

Maison Douce said...

Oh, my goodness, it sounds like so much fun!! I can't wait to see what you got!! I just bought Robin's book, and I love it!!! So inspiring!
Isabel

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hello Lisa,
I am finally getting to you. Thanks for the welcome on my first day posting. Your blog is supreme! ahhh to be in Tx at the antique shows, maby I will get there some day,,,I know Willow Nest from their begining in Portland Or. Such talent! I just have to go look some more at your blog!!
Marcie