Saturday, February 07, 2009

Trash To Treasures~

The other day on my lunch hour I was running errands and what did I see! It was trash day in town and I spotted this rusty old tricycle that someone had on the side of the road for the trash men to pick up. Well, I beat them to it! This poor baby must have taken some abuse at it's previous owners house. Just look at the little wheel...looks like it might have gotten run over in the drive way. But I love it, crooked wheel and all. It's rusty and beat up, that's what I like about it.
Now it sits proudly on my back porch like a trophy!

So, I'm driving down the road and what do I see, another pile of junk. I spot these lamps that someone's throwing away. They're just sitting on top of the trash can covered in dirt and cobwebs saying "pleazzzzze rescue me". So I took them home, cleaned them up and I think they look pretty good! It looks like the base was brass at one time and the mid-section wood with the top of it in this lovely hobnail looking ball.... that's really what caught my eye! I'm thinking maybe I'll paint the wood piece or not. What do ya'll think? I'll take any and all suggestions. I'll have to come up with some shades too so if you have any ideas on that, please share!
I tell ya, this has got to be my luckiest day of all...two stops in one...unbelievable!

My family thinks I'm insane for digging in the trash, (that's part of the fun) but I love my treasures. Best of all...they're FREE!!!

Have a fun weekend!


~Lisa



9 comments:

melanie said...

The lamps are great! I love them as is...but painted would be nice too! And can't beat that price! Happy hunting!
melanie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You found some great things and FREE is even better!

trash talk said...

Hey, rust is expensive! That trike is too cute. How about painting the wood on those lamps a distressed black, and adding cool citrusy green shades? Debbie

Maison Douce said...

Great "trash"!! I rarely find good stuff on the streets...
Isabel

ittybittyandpretty said...

what a lovely blog, i especially love the background colour you have chosen. have a great week.
%*_*% rosey

Anonymous said...

Oh you did have a good day at the curb. Love the lamps. Can't wait to see what you do with them

Wanda said...

What great finds and what could be better than FREE. I think a clean up on the lamps would bring out their beauty.I think I have seen similar lamps with a smallish shade with a pleated ruffle on the bottom of the shade. TTFN

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I am in love with that tricycle!! I am so jealous.. Friday is trash day in my town, I think I will be making a few drive by's myself tonight, you have inspired me !!!
Many Blessings,
Janna

The Rustic Victorian said...

the little bike is so cute. Great finds...love the way the south just has goodies on the side of the road..they dont do that where I come from,,its such fun!